Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Why we are doing this mission

Today was a day that causes you to truly wonder what this life is about. A 6am call woke us...a sister missionary from Madagascar had heard her father might have died. It took Steven several calls to Mada to find out the details. He had indeed died suddenly from a stroke. This sister and her companion came up to our home (an hour drive) and spent the day with us. She was able to talk to her family and cry. We cried. We hugged. And we spent a peaceful, though sad, day together... talking about her family a bit, and about the gospel, and not talking at all. She talked about the peace she felt due to the knowledge of God's plan. She wanted to attend the Temple so we did that this evening. Everything else took a back seat to her and her needs today. The whole mission prayed for her this evening at 5. It was an emotional day. One that makes you realize what is truly important in life.

And that is:
Family, God, friends. In other words...relationships.

Why are we here on earth if not to be in families? What would be the purpose for our lives if it all ends with death?

I am so grateful that I can testify that there is more to this life than this life. I know we lived before this life. I know there is a plan put in place by Heavenly Father that allows us to live with our families after this life. I know this, and am so grateful I do.

I love you all. You are all part of what is truly important in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment